Hey! Sorry for the late reply, I haven’t really had time to do the tutorial for you! But, I did one today. It’s kinda messy and not 100% anatomically perfect (I do several flaws myself) but I think I made some good points!
Arms cannot be done without shoulders, so that’s why I will include them here. To know how one body part works, you need to understand the other parts too. I suggest drawing a stick figure, as shown above. Do it with shoulders and everything - don’t care about anatomy. Really, don’t - go mad! You can figure out how to deal with the anatomy AFTER you have figured how to draw the body freely.
I imagine most body parts to be shaped as tear drops, as shown above; especially the arms and legs. Draw them above the stick figure - don’t be afraid to overlap the teardrops. In fact, I suggest it! The best way to understand anatomy is to think of it as shapes and doll-parts.
After you’ve figured that out, do several, VERY tiny, small doodles like these. Go crazy - don’t bother with anatomy just yet. Do them also very quickly and so small you can’t think of the details. Just keep doing this until you sorta understand how arms work.
Here is a doodle of a “real” arm, and as you can see, how it’s shaped it resembles the teardrops above. A general rule is to constantly draw the body in curves - male AND female. NEVER draw a single line straight.
I mentioned before I thought it was important to include shoulders/other body parts to understand another. This is why. The body basically has a “flow” when you move. The red lines clearly shows the flow. This is also how you can create a dynamic pose: think of the flow. The muscles are formed that way to be able to function. Which reminds me, buy some good anatomy books. And I’m talking about more or less MEDICAL anatomy books - you think you won’t need it - but trust me, it’s more useful than you can imagine. I do NOT suggest buying “stylistic” anatomy books, like Christopher Hart (ugh NO), for example, as these can mislead you. Medical anatomy books CANNOT because they MUST be right.
And for the last part, here’s some “do’s” and “don’ts”. It’s important to remember the muscles between the neck and shoulders. Many, especially when drawing females, forget this. It’s true the most visible it is - the more muscular you will look. But even the most petite people have these. Your neck literally would not function if you didn’t have these supporters. Then, the arms below is just to show why it’s important to draw the body with curves. Many have probably heard “straight lines for males” which is a complete lie. They will look stiff and unnatural. Curves can both empathize muscles AND fat. Heck, even your bones aren’t straight.
Legs certainly are the hardest. There’s a good reason for this; because they’re one of our most strongest muscles, and they are more or less dominating when it comes to poses (together with the spine). However, just like with the arms, draw a stick figure. I won’t suggest drawing them completely straight, as you can see here, as it will add weight. Do teardrops shapes. As for the hips - think of them as panties or briefs. This is not a MUST; but it will help; I think!
And just like the arms, do small doodles. Don’t be serious, play around until you get the idea.
As you can see, these legs easily can be turned into teardrops even when they’re detailed like this.
Now, what makes legs/hips interesting is that the way fat gathers there. Although not a must, seeing as we’re all different, females tend to get more fat there than men. Usually, however, it’s not at the SIDE of the hips, but at the thighs, calves and the “love handles”. (Excuse my english, aaah…) Women also tend to have bigger hips, but again, it’s not a must. It’s not uncommon to have small hips, either; or big hips for men, etc.
Of course, the legs too follow the “flow”!
Something worth noting is the “Standing point” The standing point is basically a straight line, and the further away you are from the line; the more unbalanced you are. To create a dynamic pose you should avoid that line as much as possible. However, if you want to look balanced/realistic, have the one leg stand there for support. The leg to the left is balanced, as you can see one of the legs is taking all the weight; with other words, it’s the support leg-making it balanced. The legs to the right, however, are likely to fall over if she keeps standing like that! edit: <- that explanation was horrible. Hope you still get it.
Now for some more do’s and don’ts. I already mentioned the barbie legs, invisible heels and micro-mini crotch in my previous tutorial, but these two are different. I see this mistake a lot; when you sit down, your thighs will become wider because you’re pressing all the fat to the sides. Now, this also depends on how you’re positioning your legs. How much it widens depends on how much fat you have in the first place; but it will always be there.
And then there’s this awkward “thigh gap”. Before I get any haters telling me how I “thin shame”, please, take a seat and read this. Good? Good. How much space you actually have between your thighs depends fully on how you’re standing, bending, angle, body type and everything else. However, the one to the left? Not likely.
- Okay, I’m getting really lazy now; so I’ll be quick. Draw a rectangle. Sorta like this; it doesn’t have to be exactly like this - since hands can be shaped VERY differently. Just compare to your friends.
- Draw a little triangle attached to it.
- Now, the fingers! How long they should be and etc doesn’t really matter either. But if you’re unsure, draw them as tear drops, too.
- Now, flesh out the fingers! Starting to look like a hand, sort of.
- Then draw the details and fix things you didn’t like. I really don’t like the way this is drawn but I’m just tired right now.
Just like the legs/arms, practice by doing that simple figure really quickly.
Okay, I’m getting really lazy. Plus, feet are SUPER HARD- I’m just going to say this: think of them as triangles. Overlap them; think of it as 3D!
Practice practice practice! And medical anatomy books. And photo references. And real-life references!
Hope this helped! \o/ As I said, I’m nowhere near perfect but, ahh, I tried.
Edit: Good damn did I make many typos
(Don’t know your God Tier? Take the God Tier test here!)
My take on the God Tier and the way they are used in battle. None of these can be considered canon unless Hussie himself confirms it, either in comic or on his blog, so please do not consider them canon! Thank you! If you have any questions, feel free to send me an ask.
Heir: an offensive class that defends themselves using their aspects. More or less similar to a warrior, although it can vary between aspects. With offensive aspects, they use their aspect physically to attack the enemy and defend themselves. With supportive aspects, they use their aspect against the enemy by sending powerful physical attacks against said enemy that lowers the enemy’s defense (depending on the aspect).
Witch: an interchangeable class, Witches are dependent on their aspects, and they manipulate their aspect to benefit their team. Witches paired with offensive aspects typically serve as offensive players, but when paired with defensive / elemental aspects, they instead use their aspect to debuff the other team.
Seer: a supporting class, they root out the weaknesses of the opposing team and use the weaknesses against them. Different aspects define different ways of detecting and using the weaknesses, as well as what said weaknesses are. A Seer of Heart could see your innermost desires and crush them before your eyes, while a Seer of Doom could see the ways to go about ensuring your demise.
Knight: a defensive class, they defend others by using their aspect. Having low attack but high defense, Knights die more often in battle than other classes. A Knight combined with an offensive aspect will attack the enemy in order to let their friends flee if they are weaker, and a Knight combined with a defensive / elemental aspect will use that aspect to weaken the enemy instead of attack.
Thief: offensive tank. Similar to the Rogue class, but instead of giving the buffs to the team, they give the buffs to themselves and go all out on offensive against the opponent. Sometimes they steal their own ‘negative’ sides or emotions and give it to the other team, such as a Thief of Rage. A Thief of Rage would take their own rage and curse the other team with it, causing them to go beserk, while they become calm-minded and more prepared.
Maid: a supportive class that uses their aspect to power up other team members. Maids use their aspects to buff the team, such as Regen (for Life) or Haste (for Time). Often enough, however, they can also use this against the other team, weakening them for short periods of time so that stronger members of their own team can wipe the opponent out.
Prince: the most powerful offensive class. They are literally destroyers, with the highest physical attack and the lowest defense, and their aspect is what they ‘destroy’ in the other team. A simple but extremely dangerous class, Princes paired with offensive aspects deal extremely high physical damage, but when paired with defensive aspects, they can completely destroy a person from the inside out while keeping them very much alive.
Page: a supportive class that acts as a war medic, in a sense. They have the defensive abilities of a Knight but instead of using their aspect to protect, they use it to heal other members of their team, using their high defense to keep their own health high while expending themselves for the sake of their team members. Pages combined with offensive aspects use the typical healing qualities of the aspect, but when combined with defensive / elemental aspects, they use it to cheer on their friends, by taking away debilitating status effects instead of replenishing their health.
Sylph: an interchangeable class, Sylphs are known for being extremely powerful no matter what aspect they have. Players with this Tier are known for having surprisingly unusual qualities in their personality that one might not detect otherwise, and this reflects in their powers. Sylphs paired wait until they have low health to deal powerful physical attacks to the opposite team, while when paired with defensive aspects, they use their aspect to lower the health and defense of the opposite team slowly, almost unnoticeable, until they deal a sudden powerful physical attack to finish them off. While they are debilitating their enemies, however, Sylphs can also heal other members of their party, losing their own health in the process.
Rogue: an interchangable class, they steal buffs from the opposite team and bestow said buffs on their own team members, expending themselves in the process. Rogues serve as an expendable class due to the fact that they use their aspect in every way possible: to attack and steal. Any buffs stolen are automatically reversed on themselves in the process, but the reversal does not affect the other party members. Therefore, a Rogue of Life who stole Regen from the opposite team would inflict on themselves Curse (the opposite of Regen; drains life), but the other members would still get Regen.
Mage: a defensive class, Mages utilize their aspects to prevent negative effects to befall the team with surprising foresight. While Seers use their aspect to root out the weaknesses in the opposing team, Mages use their aspect to detect their own team’s weaknesses and prevent them from being exposed or used as a weapon. Mages with offensive aspects protect members of the team with low offense, while Mages with defensive aspects protect those with low defense.
Bard: the wildcard class. They aren’t offensive, nor defensive, nor supportive. They use their aspect to invite destruction, chaos, confusion and otherwise, and it’s truly different for each aspect. A Bard with a physical aspect utilizes their aspect to go berserk, causing chaos. A Bard with a defensive aspect unravels the aspect in the opposite team, destroying members from the inside out.
OFFENSIVE ASPECTS: Space, Breath, Mind, Rage, Doom, Light
DEFENSIVE ASPECTS: Blood, Heart, Time, Hope, Life, Void
Note on aspects: each aspect has healing qualities. Space heals physical wounds, Breath keeps players going despite very low health, Mind removes status effects as well as heals mentality, Rage can either calm players gone berserk or spur them into battle, Doom enhances the abilities of players, and Light bestows extra Luck on players to ensure more critical hits. Blood, Life, Heart, and Void heal health points. Hope removes status effects and heals mentality, and Time reverses physical wounds for a short period of time so that players can keep fighting.
after struggling for an hour trying to draw Porrim’s tatoos upside down without a ref i decided to do a quick study so hope this helps anyone. probably not 100% accurate gomen
i think im actually crying
I DONT THINK YOU UNDERSTAND HOW HARD IM LAUGHING RIGHT NOW BECAUSE THIS IS THE MOST ACCURATE REPRESENTATION OF WHAT THEY WOULD SOUND LIKE IF THEY EVER TRIED TO HAVE PHONE SE X OH MY GOD
Even if you don’t read Homestuck is this entertaining.
Oh my god….. I’m dying….. Hahahahahahahaha
ok so I was messing with Doomsday and I sped it up 200%
and it turned into a happy folksong????
it’s so catchy
oh my god
this is the craziest thing ever lol
if this song doesnt win a reblog on its own, how perfect that gif is should win it for you.. oh my gosh
THAT GIF…. I am scared at how perfect it is.
…I’m not too upset by this
Link and Zelda kissing… FUCK!!!!!
I don’t know, I have a little cutie fairy holding a flowery thing, but maybe I’m really fucked
cherry blossoms… i think im pretty okay
Princess Luna, well damn
Beautiful forest scenery.. unless that doe is some psycho ninja deer, I think I’m good. :P
Uhh… it’s an inspirational text post. From Fucking Recipes. So. I don’t know. I don’t think inspirational texts posts can hurt people.
trees are trying to kill me
aqua bby no i love you
Oh dear god, Prime Soundwave is after me I am a goner.
there is a male violin mantis trying to kill me.
I’m.. not entirely sure he’ll be successful. considering their size vs. my own. unless he decides to try and crawl down my throat and choke me to death.
i am afraid
ur not alone cast
well im boned
Tbh, i couldn’t wish for a better way to be killed 8 )
So… someone made a Skyrim mod where all the dragons are replaced with Thomas the Tank Engine characters and it’s the funniest fucking thing I have ever seen. (Watch the video, you won’t regret it.)
Above, the World-Eater sits in the flaming wreckage of Helgen.
I CNAT FUCKING BREATH
19. Nope! Not at all! My eyes are damn cool! They have two freckels in the iris (theyre green btw uwu )
76. I can be, it depends on the person.
85. Mostly, there’s one thing I can’t ever get over though.
- 1. Think of the last person who said I love you, do you think they meant it?
- 2. Would you date an 18-year-old at the age you are now?
- 3. When’s the last time you were aggravated and happy at the same time?
- 4. Would you ever smile at a stranger?
- 5. Is there someone mad because you’re dating/talking to the person you are?
- 6. Have you heard a song that reminds you of someone today?
- 7. What exactly are you wearing right now?
- 8. How often do you listen to music?
- 9. Do you wear jeans or sweats more?
- 10. Do you think your life will change dramatically before 2013?
- 11. Are you a social or an antisocial person?
- 12. Have you ever kissed someone whose name begins with the letter ‘A’?
- 13. What about ‘R’?
- 14. Can you drive a stick shift?
- 15. Do you care if people talk badly about you?
- 16. Are you going out of town soon?
- 17. When was the last time you cried?
- 18. Have you ever told someone you loved them?
- 19. If you could change your eye color, would you?
- 20. Is there a boy who you would do absolutely everything for?
- 21. Name something you dislike about the day you’re having.
- 22. Is it cute when guys kiss you on your forehead?
- 23. Are you dating the last person you talked to?
- 24. What are you sitting on right now?
- 25. Does anyone regularly (other than family) tell you they love you?
- 26. Have you ever wanted someone you couldn’t have?
- 27. Who was the last person you talked to before you went to bed last night?
- 28. Do you get a lot of colds?
- 29. Where is the shirt you are wearing from?
- 30. Does anyone hate you?
- 31. Do you have any empty alcohol bottles hidden somewhere in your room?
- 32. Do you like watching scary movies?
- 33. Do you want your tongue pierced?
- 34. If you had to delete one year of your life completely, which would it be?
- 35. Did you have a dream last night?
- 36. When was the last time you told someone you loved them?
- 37. Do you think you’ll be married in 5 years?
- 38. Do you think someone has feelings for you?
- 39. Do you think someone is thinking about you right now?
- 40. Did you have a good day yesterday?
- 41. Think back 2 months ago; were you in a relationship?
- 42. In the next 48 hours, will you hang out with a girl?
- 43. Has anyone told you they don’t want to ever lose you?
- 44. What’s the best part about school?
- 45. Do you have any pictures on your Facebook?
- 46. Do you ever pass notes to your friends in school?
- 47. Do you replay things that have happened in your head?
- 48. Were you single over the last summer?
- 49. Is your life anything like it was two years ago?
- 50. What are you supposed to be doing right now?
- 51. Do you hate the last guy you had a conversation with?
- 52. Are you nice to everyone?
- 53. Have you ever liked someone you didn’t expect to?
- 54. Do you think you can last in a relationship for 6 months and not cheat?
- 55. Are you good at hiding your feelings?
- 56. Do you think you like someone?
- 57. Have you kissed someone whose name starts with a ‘J’?
- 58. Do you prefer to be friends with girls or boys?
- 59. Has anyone of your friends ever seen you cry?
- 60. Do you hate anyone?
- 61. How’s your heart?
- 62. Is there something that happened in your past that you hate talking about?
- 63. Have you ever cried over a guy?
- 64. Who is probably talking a load of crap about you right now?
- 65. Are your toenails painted pink?
- 66. Will your next kiss be a mistake?
- 67. Girls love it when boyfriends cry; correct?
- 68. Have your pants ever fallen down in public?
- 69. Who was the last person you were on the phone with?
- 70. How do you look right now?
- 71. Do you have someone you can be your complete self around?
- 72. Can you commit to one person?
- 73. Do you have someone of the opposite sex you can tell everything to?
- 74. Have you ever felt replaced?
- 75. Did you wake up cranky?
- 76. Are you a jealous person?
- 77. Are relationships ever worth it?
- 78. Anyone you’re giving up on?
- 79. Currently wanting to see anyone?
- 80. Name something you have to do tomorrow?
- 81. Last person you cried in front of?
- 82. Is there someone you will never forget?
- 83. Do you think the person you have feelings for is protective of you?
- 84. If the person you wish to be with were with you, what would you be doing right now?
- 85. Are you over your past?
- 86. Have you ever liked one of your best friends of the opposite sex?
- 87. Is there anyone you can tell EVERYTHING to?
- 88. If your first true love knocked on your door with apology and presents, would you accept?
- 89. So, the last person you kissed just happens to arrive at your door at 3AM; do you let them in?
- 90. Have you ever liked someone who your friends hated?
- 91. Will you be in a relationship in 2 months?
- 92. Is there anyone you know with the name Michael?
- 93. Have you ever kissed a Matthew?
- 94. Were you in a relationship in January? How was it going?
- 95. Were you happy with the person you liked in March?
- 96. Don’t tell me lies, is the last person you texted attractive?
- 97. Who do you have texts from?
- 98. If the person you like says they like someone else, what would you say?
- 99. Have you ever kissed someone older than you?
- 100. Who’s in your profile picture with you?
- 101. Ever kissed under fireworks?
- 102. Has anybody ever given you butterflies?
I AM A VERY SERIOUS ROLEPLAYER
This is better than the wwaywward vvagabond voice clip i can’t find anymore
That would mean that you would not be updating in FF anymore? …
I would still update ff.net! but peeps on tumblr would see it sooner :o)