so basically karkat just explained kankri’s entire character flawlessly
we should all take some notes
The Doorway Effect: Why your brain won’t let you remember what you were doing before you came in here
I work in a lab, and the way our lab is set up, there are two adjacent rooms, connected by both an outer hallway and an inner doorway. I do most of my work on one side, but every time I walk over to the other side to grab a reagent or a box of tips, I completely forget what I was after. This leads to a lot of me standing with one hand on the freezer door and grumbling, “What the hell was I doing?” It got to where all I had to say was “Every damn time” and my labmate would laugh. Finally, when I explained to our new labmate why I was standing next to his bench with a glazed look in my eyes, he was able to shed some light. “Oh, yeah, that’s a well-documented phenomenon,” he said. “Doorways wipe your memory.”
Being the gung-ho new science blogger that I am, I decided to investigate. And it’s true! Well, doorways don’t literally wipe your memory. But they do encourage your brain to dump whatever it was working on before and get ready to do something new. In one study, participants played a video game in which they had to carry an object either across a room or into a new room. Then they were given a quiz. Participants who passed through a doorway had more trouble remembering what they were doing. It didn’t matter if the video game display was made smaller and less immersive, or if the participants performed the same task in an actual room—the results were similar. Returning to the room where they had begun the task didn’t help: even context didn’t serve to jog folks’ memories.
The researchers wrote that their results are consistent with what they call an “event model” of memory. They say the brain keeps some information ready to go at all times, but it can’t hold on to everything. So it takes advantage of what the researchers called an “event boundary,” like a doorway into a new room, to dump the old info and start over. Apparently my brain doesn’t care that my timer has seconds to go—if I have to go into the other room, I’m doing something new, and can’t remember that my previous task was antibody, idiot, you needed antibody.
I finally learned why I completely space when I cross to the other side of the lab, and that I’m apparently not alone.
this is actually kind of great and it’s nice to know there’s something behind that constant spacing out whenever i enter a different place
Can I keep it?
So I never posted my finished Garnet cosplay. Sowwy~ I get so excited during cons, I never really take formal pictures.
im not even in this fandom but you look great
Omfg you are too pretty
View the fullsize tutorial on DA | The most handy hair structure tutorials are this video by Proko and thisblog post.These are useful for thinking about the direction hair locks flow with different styles: 1 2 3 4 5 | Painting Realistic Hair | Shading with gradients: 1 2 | Tutorials by me including: Gimp Brush Dynamics, Coloring Eyes and Coloring Method.
All example characters are fromThe Silver Eye webcomic!
So you’re sitting there, quietly staring at your latest Azunyan figure and you’re thinking “damn, that anime strawberry shortcake looks flip floppin’ delicious, I sure wish my waifu could come into existence and cook it for me”
WELL FEAR NOT, I HAVE A SOLUTION.
no, I don’t have a machine that will bring your piece of shit waifu into existence, BUT I DO HAVE A RECIPE FOR A JAPANESE STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE.
So we’re gonna make one, together, and who knows, maybe in 2000-and-never, your waifu WILL be real, and then you can make this delicious gift from god together.
Japanese Strawberry Shortcake
(serves: fuckin idk its a whole fuckin cake god)
adapted from: x
Ingredients for yellow cake-
- NOT yellow cake mix. I swear if y’all use this boxed shit i will come over to your house and eat literally all of your pets and maybe some of your siblings.
- 4 eggs
- 8 Tbsp sugar
- 6 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp corn flour
- 3 Tbsp butter, melted and cooled
Ingredients for stabilized whipped cream-
- 1 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp unflavored gelatin
- 4 tsp water
Ingredients for the syrup’d strawberries-
- 1 - 1 1/2 cups of strawberries
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Back away from your lap top and close that really risque dating sim full of attractive, gay, anime men. Trust me, this cake will be worth your time away.
- Preheat the oven to a little under 350 F.
- Put the eggs and sugar in a bowl and place the bowl on top of another bowl containing hot water, beat the mixture and whisk until everything’s combined and warmed up.
- Remove the bowl from the water bowl and continue beating the egg mixture until it triples in volume and turns very pale, which will take about 30 minutes.
- For this, I definitely recommend an electric beater, because unlike Alien Flamenco, we do not have the strength of like 50 billion people.
- During the last 2 or 3 minutes, beat on the lowest speed to stabilize the mixture and eliminate large bubbles. When the egg mixture has reached the ribbon stage, sift in the flour a little at a time. Incorporate each flour addition fully before moving on to the next batch.
- Fold in the melted butter using a rubber spatula.
- Pour the batter from a height of approximately 10 inches into two 8” cake tins.
- Lift the tin and drop it gently onto the table top twice to eliminate air bubbles. Place the cakes in the oven and bake for about 25 minutes, until it’s golden at the top and when you stick a tooth pick in it, the tooth pick comes out cleaner and purer than a moeblob anime girl.
Procedure for the syrup (this shit is literally so easy ugh)-
- combine sugar and water in a saucepan
- allow it to simmer until both ingredients are totally combined
- take off heat and allow it to cool
Procedure for stabilized whipped cream-
Okay, do me a favor, please. NEVER EVER fucking use canned whipped cream ever again. That shit’s so gross and so useless and super irrelevant when you can just make the whipped cream your fucking self. This recipe is a stabilized version, but please click here if you just want good, ol fashion delicious whipped cream that tastes SO much better than that shitty excuse people spray from gross ass cans.
- Place cold water in a small sauce pan and sprinkle the gelatin over the surface of the water. Don’t mix it, let it stand for about 5 minutes.
- Place the saucepan over low heat and stir constantly with a wooden spoon just until the gelatin dissolves. Be as consistent as you would be when it comes to marathoning that one anime about tragic magical lesbians. MadoHomu fo lyfe yo.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and cool to room temperature.
- Combine sugar, vanilla and heavy cream in a mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer until slightly thickened.
- Then, add the gelatin mixture while beating slowly, allowing all that biz to combine . Once it’s all incorporated, whip it at a high speed until it forms stiff peaks.
SO YOU FINISHED ALL THE PARTS OF THE CAKE. ARE YOU PROUD? DO YOU WANT A COOKIE? well too fucking bad. 1) i don’t even have a cookie on me, and 2) you still need to assemble this work of art.
Assembly of Cake-
- Reserve like 6 to 8 strawberries to decorate the cake, and then thinly slice the rest of them (or just slice them in halves) like some sort of Top Chef prodigy.
- Take the two cake layers and brush the syrup over the top part of the first layer of the cake. That keeps shit super moist (i hate that word) and delish.
- spread a layer of cream on top of that, and then top that layer of cream with some delicious fucking sliced strawberries. Then spread some more cream over the strawberries.
- Brush the remaining layer of cake (only the inner side) with the syrup mixture again and place it atop the strawberries and cream.
- Then, cover the entire cake with the rest of the whipped cream, and decorate the top with strawberries and cute shit, or maybe the name of some precious shota from your favorite manga (cough Nai from Karneval cough)
- Keep the cake chilled until the time of serving. If you plan on serving it immediately, try to let it refrigerate for at least 15 minutes before serving.
AND BAM. FUCKIN DONE
ENJOY EATING THIS DELICIOUS FUCKIN CAKE ALONG WITH YOUR CURRY AND CROQUETTES FOR THE FINAL EPISODES OF KILL LA KILL AND SAMURAI FLAMENCO
enjoy that shit with some bitter black tea in homage to our Queen Satsuki-sama, and have a fabulous time crying over all these rad characters. I’ll be doing the same.
I squish boobs and grant miracles.
do i throw biscuit like frisbees or eat frisbees like biscuits we’ll never know
….scene steampunk asshole from hetalia…with albino things…rawr so random lol
im a velociraptor with psionics run bitches
i’m a time traveller,as that is literally what my url means.
Homestucks can agree on three things.
- Equius <> Nepeta
- Homestuck is confusing
- Dante Basco
If you click that link…you’ll find I have resolved the problem… ((its not a screamer and is sfw!))
YOU DONT UNDERSTAND
I CLICKED AND DRAGGED THIS PIC OF DAVESPRITE
BUT HE DECIDED TO STAY APPARENTLY??
WHAT ARE YOU DOING
I DONT KNOW WHAT I DID BUT IM SORRY I DIDNT MEAN TO GET YOU STUCK
ITS BEEN TWO HOURS AND HES STILL HERE
I had the idea that obviously, its a glitch, so if i drag it again, it’ll go away right?
IT GOT WORSE
NOW HE HAS A FRIEND
ITS BEEN LIKE THIS FOR HOURS NOW
Here is a update since this fucking fiasco that happened 5 months ago and to stop people asking me if I still have him there.
I have switched computers.
I have a laptop now.
But I took this bitch prisoner.
He will never fucking haunt me again.
[homestucks nodding as they reblog]
I swear I’ve never seen a fandom as chill about hate as Homestuck. Someone goes “HOMESTUCK SUCKS BLUH BLUH” and the Homestuck it’s directed at will just high-five them and go “DAMN STRAIGHT LOOK AT THIS BULLSHIT”
I’m actually pretty sure it was a homestuck who made this post
its funny to me because Homestuck is the most complex and deep and heart-wrenching story ive ever read but if you insult Homestuck i and every other person in this fandom will just agree without a second thought